2013/09/19

The Girl from Ipanema

Words & Music by Vincius De Moraes & Antonio Carlos Jobim
English lyrics by Norman Gimbel
Recorded by Stan Getz, 1964 (#5), vocal by Astrid Gilberto

FM7
Tall and tan and young and lovely
     G7
The girl from Ipanema goes walking,
Gm7                   F#7                   FM7    F#7 
And when she passes, each one she passes goes, "Ahhh."    
FM7 
When she walks, she's like a samba
      G7 
That swings so cool and sways so gentle,
        Gm7                  F#7                    FM7 
That when she passes, each one she passes goes, "Ahhh."

Bridge:
  F#+7      F#7             C9
 Oh, but I watch her so sadly;
  F#m7                   D9
 How can I tell her I love her?
   Gm                         Gm7 
Yes, I would give my heart gladly,
           Am7                      Dm7-5   
But each day when she walks to the sea,
       Gm7                         F# 
She looks straight ahead, not at me.
   
FM7 
Tall and tan and young and lovely
      G7 
The girl from Ipanema goes walking,
      Gm7                 F#7 
And when she passes,  I smile,
          
                FM7   F#7                FM7    F#7 
But she doesn't see,     no she doesn't see,        
               FM7 
No she doesn't see.



[and you. a boy from ipanema....]

No comments:

Post a Comment